Friday, February 22, 2013

Jordan 2/15/13-2/18/13

The first thing you see as you cross over the Allenby bridge, from Israel to Jordan, is this sculpture of Jordan's King.

Here we are just relaxing in our Bedouin camp at night.


In Jordan we saw donkeys.......

 camels.......

goats.......
All over the place, more and more, donkeys, camels, and goats.


Jordan left me feeling Rich!  I can't believe how much I have or how lucky I am. I told my Mom when I got home that Jordan made me appreciate Israel and Israel makes me appreciate Utah all the more. Jordan was such a fun place to visit and we definitely want to go back, but the poverty that I saw broke my heart. I wish I could solve all of the worlds problems.


This little boy lives up on top of the mountain at the High place, his home is shown below.



Way to frequently there were homes like this all over Jordan.


1 comment:

  1. The reason some of these people live in tents is because some families migrate to different areas during different seasons of the year, and for their modes of subsistence. It's been part of the culture for thousands of years.

    ReplyDelete