Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Girls Camp in Israel!!!


Wow girls camp in Israel was quite an experience. We were at a camp sight just north of Ein Gev, on the East side of the Sea of Galilee, it Was beautiful!















 We did a 5 mile hike that hit 3 beautiful waterfalls. 






      So a funny story that happened at camp... We had a guide for our hike named Eric he moved from the states to Israel at age 20 and never went back he has been living on a Kibbutz ever since. He told us fascinating history as we hiked one of which was how Syria, Israels next door neighbors, had moved a bunch of tanks across the border intending to attack but for some reason never finished their advance. Well the next morning we were asleep in our tents and some jets flew by and did the sonic boom thing. I jumped out of my sleeping bag and scrambled out of the tent. I was sure that we were being bombed and that I needed to get my kids from the next tent over and run for shelter. It took me a sec to remember that I was at girls camp and that my kids weren't there. We think they did it to wake up the group of 2000 soldiers that were staying at the same camp as us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment